Smith Island Art Festival Avocational (Amateur) Photo Contest Prospectus
Contest date May 25, 2019
This prospectus will be updated soon for the 2019 contest.
1. This year’s theme will be announced.
2. Photographs can’t exceed 8” X 10”, and should be in a clear sleeve for protection purposes. (Photo contest is held outdoors.)
3. Do not frame your photograph.
4. Photographer’s name or studio name can’t appear on either the photograph or matte. (This is for judging purposes.)
5. All entries must be delivered to the Smith Island Cultural Center no later than 11:00 am on May 25, 2019.
6. Entry forms, and photo release form must be completed at the time of submission. Photographs may be used in future publicity by the sponsoring organizations.
7. The cost to enter is $5.00 per submission. There is a maximum of five entries per photographer. Payment must be made at the time of submission.
8. Smith Island Cultural Center reserve the right to disqualify entries not adhering to the rules.
9. for first place, for second place, and for third place.
10. All photographs will be returned to the photographers at the end of the festival, except for the 3 winning photographs. The winning photographs will hang in the Smith Island Cultural Center for one year.
11. The Judge will be assigned by the Smith Island Cultural Center.
have generously donated the prize money.
Smith Island Cultural Center is hosting the photo contest.
Photo entry fees will go to Smith Island Cultural Center to help fund the Art Festival.